top of page

All the information you need to know about

Studying in Canada


Why study in Canada?

Studying in Canada will not only give the opportunity to gain a globally recognized credentials, it also comes with a lot of benefits

  • You may work part time of up to 20 hours per week while studying and full-time your scheduled school breaks

  • Your may bring your dependents (Spouse and kids below 18 years old) with you to Canada while you are studying

  • Your school aged kids may study for FREE until grade 12. After 18 months of stay in Canada, your kids may be entitled to receive monthly allowance from the government through Child Tax Benefits

  • Your Spouse may work full time and depending on your spouse's profile, he or she may already apply for permanent residence while you are still studying

  • After completing your program, you may apply for a Post Graduation Work Permit and may be given up to 3 years

  • With Canadian work experience, it will now be easy for you to apply for permanent residence in Canada!


Eligibility & Financial Requirements

There is no age limit for student visa application. However, if you are more than 45 years old at the time you will start studying in Canada, you may have a difficulty getting a Permanent Resident Status. If you completed at least Grade 10 you will have a shot to apply for PR Status via Student Visa Pathway.

The most important eligibility criteria is the financial capacity. You need to convince the Visa Officer that you have the financial capacity to support your stay in Canada as an International student. You must have a readily available funds to cover at least 1 year tuition and 1 year living expenses.

One year tuition is around CAD 15,000 (average).

For the living expenses, the amount varies depending on the number of family members going with you to Canada:

  • CAD 10,000 for the Principal Applicant (Student)

  • CAD 4,000 for the first accompanying family member

  • CAD 3,000 for each additional accompanying family member

Sponsorship from family and relatives is acceptable but it is highly suggested that you pay your 1 year tuition in advance and open a Student Guaranteed Investment Certificate account in Canada for at least CAD 10,000.


IELTS & Processing Time

IELTS is not a mandatory requirement for student visa application. However, most of the schools require IELTS as part of admission requirements. If you will take IELTS, you will have more options and may also be eligible to apply under Student Direct Stream (SDS).

Regular processing time for Student Visa is between 2-3 months. But if you apply under SDS, processing time is within 30 days. To be eligible under SDS, you must:

  • Take the IELTS (no score lower than 6)

  • Pay the 1 year tuition in advance

  • Open a Guaranteed Investment Certificate Account 


We offer full service package for International Student applicants. Here's the scope of our services:

  • Referral to IRCC Authorized Paid Representative, if needed

  • FREE Admission Application Assistance to any of our partner schools

  • Documentation assistance from a local partner in the Philippines

  • We will analyze your case and recommend school and program based on your preferences.

  • Pre-departure orientation before you leave for Canada to have a smooth arrival and settlement in Canada

  • Ticketing service through our partner travel agency, if you need assistance

Limited Time Offer

Free LOA Assistance!

Be Fully Informed

It is not mandatory to hire an Immigration Lawyer or Immigration Consultant to apply fora student  visa. All the information about student visa application is available for free at Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website:

Only IRCC Authorized Paid Representatives (members of Law Society of Canada and College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants) are authorized to represent you for a fee. 

bottom of page